What would a Frozen party be without Olaf? Here’s an idea on how to do a Cheese Olaf as appetizer. I think it turned out really cute, and it was very yummy too! As we used baby carrots to eat it, it was also a healthy treat for both children and parents. Here’s the recipe and some pictures of my Cheesy Snowman.
- 2 8 oz. Cream Cheese packs
- 8 oz. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Wooden skewer
- 2 Kalamata or black olives
- 3 pretzel sticks
- 1 lb. peeled baby carrots
- Using your hands, combine the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl, until they form a solid dough -- it should not be sticky, its texture should resemble modeling clay.
- Divide the cheese dough in three different sized balls to form your snowman. Keep two small sized balls to make the feet.
- Stack the cheese balls on top of each other, then use the wooden skewer to hold all three of them together standing upright. Make sure to cover the tip of the skewer with the cheese.
- Cut "eyes" and "buttons" out of the olives using a knife, then press them into your cheesy snowman.
- Stick two long pretzel sticks as arms, and use the other stick to cut in three and stick them on top as hair.
- Finally, add the feet and the carrot nose.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Surround your snowman with carrots and make sure you try the snowman first, as otherwise no one will dare tamper with your work of art!