Right now I’m in Mexico, visiting my mom. Yesterday she had my grandma over to have lunch with her and all our siblings, and she made a salad we all love: Endive, Grapefruit and Blue Cheese salad with chopped walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette.
I had totally forgotten about this salad, and I do love it very much. So I asked her for the recipe and her approval to share it here. It does look as delicious as it tastes. And this will mark my first vegetarian recipe in this blog. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- 4 medium endives (1 per person)
- 2 medium ruby red grapefruits, peeled and the segments separated and completely clean
- 1.5 oz. Danish Blue Cheese
- 1.5 oz. Crushed walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- pinch of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Separate the leaves of the endives and arrange in individual salad plates in a fan pattern.
- Crumble the blue cheese and sprinkle on top, alongside with the walnuts or pecan pieces.
- Arrange the Grapefruit segments on top.
- For the vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients well, until they are combined.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette on top of the salad and enjoy!